Which New York law is the dumbest? Why? And what laws have you heard of that are dumber?
1) Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
2) It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing.
3) Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
4) A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
5) It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
6) The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
7) New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
8) A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
9) While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
10) Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.